A lot of times Feit smart bulb does not connect no matter what you do. This happens due to internal bugs most of the time. To fix the issue, you’ll need to reset the device.
But, how to reset Feit smart bulb? You can reset the Feit smart bulb in soft or hard reset which contains different steps. For that, you’ll need to use a physical wall switch and turn it off/on 3 or 5 times.
To know the direction clearly in detail, I’ll share the instructions and reconnecting method with some related info. Let Me Lift the Veil for You!
The Best Methods to Reset Feit Smart Bulb Properly
Before you doubt the item and search ‘is Feit electric reliable or not,’ know the right way to reset the method (since it solves all kinds of bugs). Let me show you the direction below:
Method #1: Soft Reset
- Place the bulb as close to the Wi-Fi router.
- Wait for 5 to 10 seconds.
- Then, turn on the Felt smart bulb for 1 second using the physical switch.
- And then, turn it off for 1 second.
- Next, do the same thing for 3 constructive times (like on-off-on-off-on-off each step containing a 1-second gap).
- Wait for the bulb to start flashing to complete the reset procedure.
Method #2: Hard Reset
- Use a physical wall switch instead of an app and make it in the off position.
- Turn the smart switch on for 18 seconds and do not leave your finger.
- Turn it off for 1 second.
- Do the same step another 5 times with no gap (like on-off-on-off-on-off-on-off-on-off by maintaining the same duration mentioned before).
- On the 6th time, turn on the light switch and leave it like that. Be sure it is on the mesh network connection.
- On the top-right corner, you’ll find 3 dots aka Context menu (in the HomeBrite app which is a previous version) and click on it.
- Then, select Discover New Bulbs to add the freshly reset bulbs to the mesh network in your app.
Note: You’ll have to uninstall the app and then perform the hard reset. After completing the reset procedure mentioned above, install the app, enter the new 4-digit pin code, and register the app to connect to the app.
My Feit Smart Bulb Won’t Reset – How to Fix?
A lot of time nothing works when you try to reset Feit smart bulb. If that is happening RN, then try the given solutions.
Fix #1: Update the Firmware Update
Sometimes when new software updates are on the way, the Felt smart bulb show issue to reset. In that case, here’s what you need to do:
- Click on the FEIT app on your phone.
- In the home screen, click on More (located at the bottom right corner) bar.
- Tap on the Equipment upgrade GATT bar.
- You’ll then find a tab that says “FEIT OTA” Would Like to Use Bluetooth with 2 options (Don’t Allow & OK).
- Tap on the OK to allow.
- Another prompt will pop up saying Please select equipment upgrade. Click on all the Feit Electric bulbs to update all bulbs.
- Sit for a few minutes until the firewire version number load.
- In the Firmware Update section, you’ll find an option that says Update right now.
- Wait for it to complete 100%.
- Then, the device will restart which will take some while.
- Click on the Confirm.
- After that, check the current version in a circle.
- If it seems recent version, then try resetting it.
Fix #2: Check the Network Type
Another reason why the Felt smart bulb not resetting is due to the wrong network type. To put it clearly, you must be using a 5 GHz Wi-Fi network which won’t support operating the device. Change the Wi-Fi network which is 2.4 GHz to troubleshoot the bug.
Why Is My Feit Bulb Not Connecting?
If the Feit smart bulb blinking slowly while the device is turned on and won’t reset, this simply means a network error that causes it to not connect. Here are a few reasons why the Feit not connecting:
- Interruption in the power supply or partial failure of the internet service to keep the device connected to Wi-Fi.
- The light switch is toggled off or a fixture is turned off manually that causing the smart device to lose power and stay connected.
- Wi-Fi router has some sort of failure to provide internet.
How Do I Reconnect My Feit Smart Bulb?
After knowing the reasons why, the Felt bulb not connecting, it’s time to reconnect the device to the Wi-Fi. Follow the given method to do so:
Method #1: Reconnect Via Bluetooth Connection:
- Start by confirming the power supply is stable and check the internet service performance to avoid getting interruption.
- Turn on your Feit app and confirm the Bluetooth connection. Be sure the 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network is turned on as well.
- When the Feit smart bulb flashing, tap on Add Device or the plus (+) sign.
- Select all the devices and ensure the bulbs are blinking.
- Turn off/on 3 times (off-on-off-on-off-on).
- Enter the Wi-Fi password and tap Confirm.
- Wait for a while to finish Connecting Now.
- If the device connected rightly, you’ll see the message “Device added successfully.”
Method #2: Reconnect Via EZ Mode/AP Mode:
- Open the app and tap on Add Device.
- Tap on Lighting and then the Lighting Device bar.
- Click on EZ Mode in the top-right corner. Select the EZ Mode/AP Mode as the Default setting (right top of the Bluetooth bar).
- Hit on Confirm button and the Next.
- Enter the Wi-Fi password and click on Confirm.
- Wait for it to complete the Connecting Now.
- You’ll see a “Device added successfully” message to confirm the reconnection to the device.
That’s exactly how to reset Feit smart bulb and reconnect! It takes not more than 5 to 10 minutes to perform the method successfully and solve any sort of bugs. I just hope this guide has solved your problem and informed you of the needed stuff. Best Of Luck!